Why would you use a Custom Field?
How to Add a Custom Field
To add a new custom field:
- Click ‘New custom field’
- Give the field a name.
- Select Field Type. These include:
– Text – a small box for text entry
– Switch on/off – a toggle switch, for example users could confirm consent for data usage with a toggle switch
– Text Area – a larger box for text entry
– Date – choose a date from calendar
– Number – enter numbers into a field
– Single Choice – select one option in a drop down menu (a further field will appear to allow you to set your drop down options)
– Multi Choice – select one or more options listed in a drop down menu (a further field will appear to allow you to set your drop down options)
- Select ‘Show On’ location
Decide whether the information is profile specific or visit specific information.
– Profile – it will appear at the beginning of the sign-in/sign-out process and will be captured in that user’s dashboard profile.
– Visit -it will appear at the end of the sign-in/sign-out process.
If you select visit, 2 further options will appear. These options allow you to choose whether the custom field is a variable that will be shown in reports, and if the custom field should be part of the sign-in process or the sign-out process.
- Choose User Type
Select which user categories see the fields such as visitors or contractors by checking the box next to each user type.
– Required – Toggle the switch to green if the custom field should be a mandatory field (must be filled in by user to proceed to next step)
– Show On Kiosk – Toggle the switch to green if this field should be shown on the device (there may be some fields that are only added for admins to record in the dashboard in which case you would leave this option switched off)
- Hit ‘Save’
Need some extra support? Email us on email@example.com