This article describes this feature for staff users of VisiPoint. For admin users, please see this article.
Staff must have an ‘Employee Account’ which gives them restricted dashboard access to use this feature. This is activated by an admin. See this Dashboard Access for Staff in this post for details.
There are 2 ways in which staff users can add a visit in advance.
If you have the all the visitor’s details, you can add follow these points:
- Click ‘Add Expected Visit’ from left hand navigation
- Visit Date – select date and time of your visitors appointment
- User Name – type your visitors name. If they’ve been to visit before their details will appear, so select as necessary. If the system doesn’t recognise the name, additional fields will appear. Firstly pick if they are a visitor or a contractor, then add your new visitors details. The system will remember them for the next time.
- Create Visit – Once you’ve clicked this button, you will see ‘Visit Added Successfully’ displayed in green font.
You’ll then be taken back to the Daily Logbook, which acts as your calendar of visits. If you change the date in the bar under Daily Logbook, you’ll see the visit you’ve just added as ‘EXPECTED’ on the date you have just registered the visit for.
The visitor will automatically receive an email VisiPoint (branded with your company logo) confirming the time of their appointment, their host and their Express Pass QR code. This code can be swiped under the barcode reader when the visitor arrives and allows them to skip past the initial sign-in stages such as entering their name and email address. Example below:
If you’d like to give the visitor the option to add their own details, you can use the Pre-Registration feature. This is especially useful if there are a number of different people that will be joining the meeting, which you may not have all details for.
This feature allows you to create a time & date of a visit. This will automatically generate a unique URL, specific to the visit parameters you’ve set. You can then copy this link and send it by email to as many people as you want.
- Click ‘Pre-registered visits URL’ from the navigation on the left
- Hit the ‘Add new pre-registered url’ button
- Visit Date – select date and time of your visitor’s appointment.
- Expire at – this allows you to expire the link on a chosen date.
- You will now see the link you’ve created.
- You can copy this link and send it to whomever you choose.
The visitor will automatically receive an email from VisiPoint (branded with your company logo) asking them to enter their information by following a link. Example shown here:
Upon filling out their details the visitor will automatically receive an email VisiPoint (branded with your company logo) confirming the time of their appointment, their host and their Express Pass QR code. This code can be swiped under the barcode reader when the visitor arrives for express sign-in, which skips past the few stages of entering their information. Example below.
Once your visitor has filled out their details, you’ll be able to see the visit as ‘EXPECTED’ in your Daily Logbook.
Need some extra support? Speak with our expert team on + (0) 191 341 0016.